Fredericksburg Public Notices
Public comments taken from March 28 – April 26 for the annual action plan for community development programs. Any comments should be directed to the Office of Planning and Community Development, Room 209, of City Hall, 372-1179.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR THE CITY OF FREDERICKSBURG’S ONE-YEAR ANNUAL ACTION PLAN FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Notice is hereby given that a draft of the City’s Annual Action Plan is available for public review and comment. A summary of this document follows:
ONE-YEAR ANNUAL ACTION PLAN FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013 (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013)
This plan lays out the proposed uses for $139,511 in federal Community Development Block Grant entitlement funds that the City of Fredericksburg will receive for fiscal year 2012/2013. The following projects are included:
• $61,436 for Housing Rehabilitation Assistance to assist 7 families with plumbing, electric and roofing repairs.
• $8,400 for the Removal of Architectural Barriers for 2 persons with disabilities.
• $3,600 to Central Virginia Housing Coalition to prevent homelessness for 12 families and to provide housing counseling to 12 families.
• $10,400 to Rappahannock Legal Services to prevent homelessness and to assist in obtaining affordable housing for 140 families.
• $4,600 to Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services to provide educational material to 80 people and to provide support services to avoid crisis for 7 families.
• $21,700 for Direct Homeownership Assistance to assist 2 families purchase new homes or refinance eligible mortgages on existing homes.
• $1,500 to the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank for the Food for Life Brown Bag Feeding Program to serve 200 elderly/disabled individuals.
• $200 toward furthering Fair Housing.
• The remaining funds will be used for administration and public information.
Copies of the full draft Annual Action Plan are available for examination by the public in Room 209 of City Hall, 715 Princess Anne Street, during regular business hours (8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Monday - Friday). Additional copies are available at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library or on the City’s website at www.fredericksburgva.gov. The public comment period will run from March 28 –April 26. Any comments should be directed to the Office of Planning and Community Development, Room 209, of City Hall (372-1179).
Both of these facilities are fully accessible. If necessary, material will be made available, upon request, in a form accessible to persons with disabilities.