Super Bowl XLVII Sunday in New Orleans brings the face off of the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers ... and brother vs. brother head coaches. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers and his brother John coaches the Ravens.
This will be the fifth time these two teams have squared off since the 1996 season. Baltimore won the 2003, 2007 and 2011 games. San Francisco won in 1996.
Where to Watch Super Bowl XLVII in the Fredericksburg Area
Fredericksburg has plenty of sports bars with big screens and specials for the big game.
- Bailey's Pub and Grille
- Box Seats Sports Bar & Grill
- Brocks Riverside Grill's Super Bowl Party features drink specials, a $7 food buffet, and a free Squares game with prizes every quarter.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Southpoint Big Game Bash with B101.5.
- Cancun Margarita Bar & Grill is offering game day specials, including free appetizers at half time.
- F.W. Sullivan's
- Happy Endings Bar & Grill
- Home Team Grill
- J. Brian's Tap Room
- Legends Sports Grille is offering .60 cent wings and adult specials starting at $2
- Park Lane Tavern is closing at 5 p.m. Sunday, to allow staff to spend game-time with family.
- The Green Turtle Sports Bar and Grill
- Wings & More Sports Bar
Where are you going to watch? Did we miss your favorite watering hole? Post your suggestions in the comments below or click on a listing above and review and rate the bar on Patch.
Local Players on the Baltimore Ravens
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith will play his first Super Bowl Sunday, and his former Stafford High School offensive line coach and defensive coordinator will be watching from Va. Read the story here.
Quarterback Tyrod Taylor joined the Baltimore Ravens in 2011 after playing for the Denver Broncos. Taylor attended Virginia Tech and went to high school at Hampton High School in Hampton. (See Taylor’s bio here.)
Locals on the San Francisco 49ers
Cam Johnson, a rookie linebacker, just moved to the San Francisco 49ers active roster in late December, so he has only played in two games this season. He went to Gonzaga College High School in Washington, DC and also attended the University of Virginia. (See Johnson’s bio here.)
Ahmad Brooks is yet another linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers. He had 50 tackles in 2011 and is on track to beat that this year. Before attending the University of Virginia, he attended C.D Hylton High School in Woodbridge and Hargrave Military Academy. (See Brooks’ bio here). He was born in Fairfax.
Find Fredericksburg Patch via: