The Fredericksburg Ballot on Nov. 6
These are the choices Fredericksburg voters will be making in the 2012 general election.
The following federal, state and local offices and state amendments will be on the ballot in Fredericksburg on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012, according to the Virginia State Board of Elections website.
- Mitt Romney, Republican
- Barack Obama, Democrat
- Gary Johnson, Libertarian
- Virgil Goode, Constitution Party
- Jill Stein, Green Party
- George Allen, Republican
- Tim Kaine, Democrat
- Rob Wittman, Republican
- Adam Cook, Democrat
- Gail Parker, Independent Green
School Board Member (Ward 1)
- Elizabeth R. Rehm, who is running unopposed, was appointed to the Ward 1 seat in July 2012, after Pat Green won an at-large seat in the May election. Green resigned her Ward 1 seat after redistricting placed her in Ward 2. She did not want to compete for the Ward 2 seat against the person who already held it, Barbara Miller-Richards. Instead she ran for and won the at-large seat once held by Mike Gillenwater, who did not seek a third term as school board member.
Two Proposed Virginia Constitutional Amendments
- Question 1: Eminent Domain Law
- Question 2: Veto Session Delays
Polls are open from 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Confirm where to vote through this polling place tool from the Virginia State Board of Elections by inputting the address that is on your voter registration. You can verify your voter registration here.
Have Fredericksburg Patch headlines delivered daily to your email. Subscribe to the newsletter here.