Residents in the College Heights neighborhood may want to put off the laundry next week. Expect intermittent disruptions in water service next Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2011 as repairs to local water lines are made.
On that day, workers from the Department of Public Works will be replacing damaged water calves on College Avenue. The work could affect water service for residents living in the area bounded by College and Rappahannock avenues and William Street and Route 1.
An announcement from the Fredericksburg Department of Public Works says that when water service is restored, the water may appear dingy or carbonated. This condition will generally go away after the water is run for a few moments.
"You may wish to delay washing of clothes until the water has cleared," reads the notice. "We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause you."
Any questions regarding the work may be filed with the Fredericksburg Public Works office at City Hall or by calling 540-372-1023.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Cicadas 2013: They're Everywhere! Or Are They?
- Kybecca Wine Bar, Keystone Coffee, Poppy Hill Tuscan Kitchen, Olive Garden and More
- Check Your Powerball Tickets: There’s a New Millionaire in Virginia
- I-95 South Closed For Several Hours, Detour Information
- Family Diner, Peter Chang, Sunken Well Tavern, Ryan's and More