Historic Lamb's Creek Church – Built in 1769
FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCE BY LOCAL INDIAN TRIBE
PONY RIDES BY NEXT TO NEVER FARM
BARBECUE, TOURS, GAMES FOR KIDS, BAKED GOODS, SILENT AUCTION AND PLANT SALE
DIRECTIONS: FROM KING GEORGE, VA., RT. 3 WEST, RIGHT ON LAMBS CREEK RD. ,
CHURCH ON RIGHT FROM FREDERICKSBURG: RT. 3 EAST, LEFT ON LAMB’S CREEK RD., CHURCH ON RIGHT
PART OF HANOVER-WITH-BRUNSWICK PARISH, THE RARE “VINEGAR BIBLE”
WEB SITE: WWW.HANOVERWITHBRUNSWICK.COM
Historic Lamb's Creek Church is under the stewardship of Hanover-with-Brunswick
Parish; the rare "Vinegar Bible" and the interior of the church. Its first building was known as
Muddy Creek Church and was formed around 1732. It was located on King's Highway (Route 3) at
the present-day boundary of King George and Stafford Counties. It was a small church, probably no more than a chapel (portions of the brick foundation remain). As the population of the area shifted, a larger church was built named Lamb's Creek Church in 1769.
The church suffered from disuse and neglect after the Revolution. The church was refurbished and services held there regularly until St. John's Church was built at the courthouse in l843.
Lamb's Creek Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Sites.Lamb's Creek Church is an historic Episcopal church located off Virginia Route 3 on Lamb's Creek Road in Sealston, King George County, Virginia, in the United States. On September 22, 1972, Lamb's Creek Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places