Two lanes of I-95 will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 9 and Thursday, Oct. 10, as Columbia Gas of Virginia inspects gas lines located on the Route 610 (Garrisonville Road) overpass at Interstate 95 in Stafford County.
Entrance ramps will be affected at interstate Exit 143A (Aquia) and Exit 143B (Garrisonville).
Motorists can expect the following lane and ramp closures associated with the inspection work, the Virginia Department of Transportation reported:
Wednesday, Oct. 9
10 p.m. – 4:30 a.m.
- Two lanes of I-95 northbound will be closed to traffic at the overpass.
- Eastbound Route 610 traffic will be restricted from entering I-95 northbound from Exit 143B (Garrisonville).
- The on-ramp at Exit 143A (Aquia) on Route 1 can be used to access I-95 northbound.
Thursday, Oct. 10
10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Two lanes of I-95 southbound will be closed to traffic at the overpass.
- Westbound Route 610 traffic will be restricted from entering I-95 southbound at Exit 143A (Aquia).
- The on-ramp at Exit 143B (Garrisonville) can be used to access I-95 southbound from Route 610 eastbound.
"Detour signs will be posted to guide motorists to the proper ramps," VDOT said.
Real-time listings of travel times, work zones, and traffic incidents in Virginia are available on VDOT’s 24-hour traffic information website, www.511Virginia.org. Motorists can also access 511Virginia by calling 511 from any telephone in Virginia.Follow Fredericksburg Patch for the latest news and events.
Facebook | Twitter