- Fredericksburg City School students are on Winter Break. Twelve- month employees have a two hour delay.
- Fredericksburg government offices will open two hours late. All essential personnel must still report as directed by their supervisors.
- All branches of Central Rappahannock Regional Library (except Newton, which opens at 1 p.m.) will delay opening until 11 a.m. today, Friday, Jan. 3.
- Dorothy Hart Community Center will open at 11 a.m.
- All Germanna Community College locations will open at 10 a.m.
- Marine Corps Base Quantico is operating on code yellow; the base is open on time. Reasonable delays for reporting to work are excused. Unscheduled leave is authorized. Emergency and essential personnel are expected to report to work. Personnel should contact their chain of command for specific command/activity guidance or direction.
- The Massad branch of the Rappahannock YMCA is opening at 9 a.m.
Preschool is cancelled, Fun Club and SACC are closed.
- Spotsylvania County government offices will be opening late on a two-hour delayed basis.
- Spotsylvania County Public Schools are on winter break. Code 1 is in effect for 12-month Employees. All school activities and non-school use of school facilities scheduled for Jan. 3 are cancelled.
- Stafford County Public Schools are closed. Code 1 for employees.
- The University of Mary Washington is closed for Winter Break through Jan. 5.
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is operating full service today.
In the Fredericksburg area, Interstate 95 and primary roads are clear this morning, Virginia Department of Transportation reported. There is the potential for isolated icy patches and slick spots, especially on bridges, overpasses, ramps, and secondary roads carrying lighter traffic volumes.
Friday's Weather Forecast by the National Weather Service
- Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 14. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 38. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Follow Fredericksburg Patch on Facebook and Twitter.