Rappahannock Area Health District (RAHD) officials recently inspected food preparation and storage in Fredericksburg. Full reports can be accessed on the health department's website.A "critical violation" is one that "poses a direct or immediate threat to the safety of the food being served."
"In our experience, it is unrealistic to expect that a complex, full-service food operation can routinely avoid any violations," according to Virginia Department of Health's website.
The site continues: "Keep in mind that any inspection report is a 'snapshot' of the day and time of the inspection. On any given day, a restaurant could have fewer or more violations than noted in the report. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long-term cleanliness of an establishment."
- Here and Abroad, 1004 Princess Anne St. on Jan. 14 - 0 critical violations
- Aladin Restaurant & Cafe, 2052 Plank Rd. on Jan. 13 - 4 critical violations
- Pizza King, 1964 William St. on Jan. 13 - 1 critical violation
- Jay's Restaurant & Lounge, 2030 Plank Rd. on Jan. 10 - 3 critical violations
- Roma's Italian Restaurant, 203 Lansdowne Rd. on Jan. 8 - 2 critical violations
- Quaker Steak & Lube, 1300 Central Park Blvd. on Jan. 7 - 1 critical violation