"Fifty-five percent of survey respondents said they plan to be in the area 10 or more years from now," Thomas said. He said the top reasons young professionals listed as choosing to come to and stay in the region include:
- A slower pace of life with access to metropolitan areas
- A lower cost of living
- Outdoor recreational activities
- Affordable housing
- Opportunities for continuing education
- The ability to be a big fish in a small pond -- "Talents can stand out here"
Four top improvement suggestions from the survey were:
- Higher paying jobs needed
- Additional opportunities to build peer relationships
- A more robust culture of entrepreneurship
- More diversity in nightlife
20/20 Economic Summit: Fredericksburg Region Poised for Economic Growth
Follow Fredericksburg Patch for the latest news and events.
Facebook | Twitter