Yes, Virginia, there are more VRE Santa Train tickets.
Virginia Railway Express announced in a press release they will sell overstock tickets via email only beginning at 9 a.m. Dec. 4.
"Due to the enormous demand of our Santa Train event, we withhold tickets from the online sales in case PayPal oversells them (which has happened in the past)," VRE said in the release.
"As a result, we have a limited number of overstock tickets remaining for the following trains (all the trains in bold or with an asterisk have a limit of six tickets):
For rides on the Santa Train on Saturday, Dec. 8:
- *Cupid Express Departing Burke at 10:30 a.m.
- Elf Express Departing Burke at 12 p.m.
- *Dancer Express Departing Manassas at 9:00 a.m.
- North Pole Express Departing Manassas at 1:30 p.m.
- *Prancer Express Departing Woodbridge at 10:30 a.m.
- *Dasher Express Departing Leeland Rd at 8:30 a.m.
- *Vixen Express Departing Leeland Rd at 10 a.m.
- *Blitzen Express Departing Leeland Rd at 2 p.m.
- Rudolph Express Departing Leeland Rd at 3:30 p.m.
Rules for purchasing overstock tickets:
- Tickets go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 9 a.m. Any ticket requests made before this time will not be honored.
- Tickets will be $6 each.
- In order to request tickets, you must email your top three train choices to email@example.com. Please do not call. Requests will not be taken over the phone.
- Tickets are sold on a first come, first serve basis. If you do not receive a Paypal invoice, the tickets have been sold out.
- You must pick up the tickets from VRE's office at 1500 King St., Suite 202, Alexandria, Va., 22314 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Due to the short notice, tickets will not be mailed."
Find Fredericksburg Patch on: