The National Weather Service adjusted its forecast for the Fredericksburg region, cancelling the winter storm warning and issuing instead a winter weather advisory.
A winter weather advisory means periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties, NWS said on its website. Drivers are advised to be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility.
The NWS prediction now is:
- Rain and snow Thursday afternoon. High near 43. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Snow Thursday night, mainly before 11 p.m. Low around 26. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Fredericksburg Area Weather Closings and Cancellations (Jan. 17, 2013)
- VDOT Crews Begin 24-Hour Operations (Jan. 17, 2013)
- NWS Issues Winter Storm Warning (Jan. 17, 2013)
- (Jan. 16, 2013)
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Watch (Jan. 16, 2013)
- Winter Storm Survival Tips (Jan. 15, 2013)