The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office reports the arrest of two suspects in the homicide of the individual whose remains were found on the property of 881 Belle Plains Rd. in Stafford County.
"The Sheriff’s Office has identified the human remains as Jason Plaster, who was a resident of Stafford County when he was reported missing by family members in July 2007," Bill Kennedy, Stafford County Sheriff's Office spokesperson, said in a press release.
Mr. Plaster was 31 years old when he was reported missing. "Despite an exhaustive effort by the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office in the ensuing years, Mr. Plaster was never located," Kennedy said. "The preliminary investigation indicates the victim died of gun shot wounds," he said.
The two suspects in this incident are William Joseph Hughes, age 44, of 39 Mickelson Lane, Stafford, and Stuart Lee Sullivan, age 49, of 1 North Jenny Lane, Fredericksburg. Both men have been charged with one Count of First Degree Murder and one Count of the Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony, Kennedy said. They are being held at the Rappahannock Regional Jail under no bond.
Stuart Sullivan was arrested at the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office shortly after 6 p.m. Friday. William Hughes was arrested at his place of employment in Stafford on Friday.
Additional charges are pending in this case, Kennedy said.
"Due to the sensitive and ongoing nature of this case, no additional information will be released at this time," Kennedy said. "It is anticipated that additional information will be released in the coming week," he said.
- Sheriff's Office: One Body Found at 881 Belle Plains Road (March 25, 2013)
- Sheriff's Office Installs Gates at Belle Plains Crime Scene (Photos) (March 23, 2013)
- (March 21, 2013)
- Report: Stafford County Sheriff's Search for Bodies on Belle Plains Property (March 20, 2013)
- Investigators at Mystery Crime Scene on Belle Plains Road for Sixth Day (Photos) (March 20, 2013)
- (March 19, 2013)
- Mystery: Drug Search Confirmed at Belle Plains Home (March 19, 2013)
- Mystery: Sheriff's Office Hasn't Left Crime Scene Since Saturday (March 18, 2013)
Keep up with the latest on this investigation at 881 Belle Plains Road.
Find Fredericksburg Patch via: