The Stafford County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Patch they discovered the decomposed remains of one person at 881 Belle Plains Road over the weekend.
"The remains have been sent to the medical examiner's office to determine the gender, age and cause of death," Maj. David Decatur, Stafford County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy, said.
No one has been charged in the case, but Dennis Benzie remains a person of interest. Benzie was arrested at that address on March 14 and is in Rappahannock Regional Jail on weapons and drug charges.
Decatur said everyone related to the property is a person of interest in the case and will be investigated. He said the Sheriff's Office is investigating leads it has received.
Decatur said a press release will be issued shortly.
Patch will be updating this story as more details are released.
List of coverage:
- Sheriff's Office Installs Gates at Belle Plains Crime Scene (Photos) (March 23)
- (March 21, 2013)
- Report: Stafford County Sheriff's Search for Bodies on Belle Plains Property (March 20, 2013)
- Investigators at Mystery Crime Scene on Belle Plains Road for Sixth Day (Photos) (March 20, 2013)
- (March 19, 2013)
- Mystery: Drug Search Confirmed at Belle Plains Home (March 19, 2013)
- Mystery: Sheriff's Office Hasn't Left Crime Scene Since Saturday (March 18, 2013)
Keep up with the latest on this investigation at 881 Belle Plains Road.
Find Fredericksburg Patch via: