One Patch local editor attended the 2009 presidential inauguration downtown, and brought a beach chair with her. She had to leave it outside the security gates.
Don't let something like that happen to you!
For more on the 57th Presidential Inauguration, visit Fredericksburg Patch's Presidential Inauguration 2013 Topic Page.
Here's the official list of what is prohibited from the inauguration ceremony, inauguration parade and other inaugural events. This information comes from inauguration.dc.gov:
The US Secret Service, Metropolitan Police Department, US Capitol Police, and other local and federal agencies are providing an unprecedented level of security for the Inauguration.
- All parade and event attendees are subject to a thorough security screening before entering any of the Inaugural event sites.
- Please allow for additional time for this security screening.
As a security precaution, the following items will be prohibited from the inaugural parade route, the White House reviewing stand and the inaugural balls:
- Animals other than helper/guide dogs
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions (8"x6"x4")
- Glass or thermal containers
- Laser pointers
- Mace / Pepper spray
- Supports for signs and placards
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items determined to be potential safety hazards
Signs and placards must be made only of cardboard, poster board or cloth and have dimensions no greater than three feet in width, 20 feet in length and one-quarter inch in thickness. Surrendered items will not be returned, nor available for pick-up.
The following items will be prohibited from the ticketed viewing areas at the US Capitol grounds:
- Aerosol sprays
- Air horns
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (other than service animals)
- Duffel bags
- Explosives of any kind (including fireworks)
- Firearms and ammunition (either real or simulated)
- Glass containers
- Knives, blades or sharp objects (of any length)
- Large bags
- Laser pointers
- Mace and/or pepper spray
- Pocket or hand tools, such as “Leatherman” tools
- Portable chairs (other than those for disabled persons)
- Sticks or poles
- Other items that may pose a threat to the security of the event as determined by and at the discretion of the security screener
Find Fredericksburg Patch via: