View the Photo Gallery on Fredericksburg Patch Facebook.
The biggest winner, however, was the University of Mary Washington (UMW). The evening's event fully funded the UMW Performing Arts in the Community Scholarship.
The dancers, their performances, partners and awards were:
Melanie Kay-Wyatt, Principal, Walker-Grant Middle School
- Performed a Salsa with Michael Scott, owner, Strictly Ballroom Dance Studio
- Won the award for 'Most Spirited'
- Comment from Judge Patrick A'Hearn, artistic director at Riverside Center: "You have an outstanding smile. You brought an excellent stage presence; I couldn't take my eyes off of you."
Bill Young, CEO, Virginia Partners Bank
- Performed a Hustle with Melissa Scott, owner, Strictly Ballroom Dance Studio
- Won the award for 'Best Costume'
- Comment from Judge Dori Eglevsky, community volunteer and owner of Keystone Coffee & Auto Spa: "You are a wonderful partner. Your partnering was exceptional."
Rick Hurley, President, UMW
- Danced a Rumba with Tiffany Kelly, director and owner, Dance Trance Fredericksburg
- Won the award for 'Best Posture'
- Comment from Judge Corey Von Ginkel, champion ballroom dancer and member of the National Dance Council of America: "There are many styles of Rumba. I always like to say the International style of Rumba is dinner and a movie, and the American style of Rumba is you don't quite get through dinner. Your intensity was way up there. I really liked that a lot."
Marty Bass, retired lawyer and judge, adjunct instructor, UMW
- Performed a Cha Cha with Melissa Scott
- Won the award for 'Most Entertaining'
- Comment from Judge Corey Von Ginkel: "You timing with music was spot on! ... and last but not least, you have the focus of a lawyer."
Mary Katherine Greenlaw, Mayor, City of Fredericksburg
- Performed a QuickStep with Michael Scott
- Won the award for 'Fanciest Footwork"
- Comment from Judge Corey Von Ginkel: "You listened to the music and you moved to the music. You are made for the stage (which is probably the reason you are mayor). Very well done."
Fred Rankin, President and CEO, Mary Washington Healthcare
- Performed a Swing with Tiffany Kelly
- Won the award for 'Most Rhythmical'
- Comment from Judge Corey Von Ginkel: "I saw happiness written across your face the entire time!"
Susan Spears, President, Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Performed a Samba with Michael Scott
- Won the award for 'Most Flair'
- Comment from Judge Corey Von Ginkel: "The Samba is a dance from Brazil. So you have to have a lot of hips and a lot of personality; and that definitely came across."
Richmond McDaniel, Senior Vice President, CBRE
- Performed a Tango with Melissa Scott
- Won the award for 'The Most Dramatic'
- Comment from Judge Dori Eglevsky: "Richmond, you have so much more talent than you give yourself credit for! You are charming on the dance floor. I definitely think you're a dancer and an actor."
Ellen Killough, Chief Executive Officer, Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- Performed a Mambo with Michael Scott
- Won the award for 'Most Amazing Move'
- Comment from Judge Dori Eglevsky: "That was dynamite. You made it look effortless, despite the complexity of the dance style. The lift was amazing."