"Wear orange and check the Hunger Action Month webpage to learn how you can take action," the group said. For example:
- Take the Snap Challenge and eat on just $4.50 a day.
- FIND and LIKE Feeding America and your local food bank on Facebook.
- Change your Facebook and Twitter profile orange.
- Encourage your Member of Congress to support your local food bank and help us reach our goal of getting every member of Congress to visit a food bank in 2013.
- Find your local food bank and become a volunteer during September and all year long.
- Subscribe to the Feeding America e-newsletters and updates, and learn how you can join us in creating change.
- Make a donation to the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank or other local food agency.
- Hold a food drive.
The Fredericksburg Area Food Bank helps to provide nutritious food to over 20,000 people each month through our network of more than 70 non-profit and faith based organizations throughout the community.
Follow Fredericksburg Patch on Facebook and Twitter.