Milling and paving work begins Monday on Lafayette Blvd. from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Work will continue each night until all lanes are completed between Olde Greenwich and Twin Lakes. The project is expected to take three days, weather permitting.
Walker Grant Middle School hosts its annual Scholastic Book Fair Monday through Friday.
MONDAY, Sept. 23
- 12 - 1:30 p.m. - Affordable Care Act Workshop for Small Businesses sponsored by the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- 7 - 9 p.m. - Community Forum on the Affordable Care Act and the Health Insurance Marketplace at Central Rappahannock Regional Library, 1201 Caroline St.
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Picnic in the Park
- 12 - 1 p.m. - Non-Profit Business Builder, sponsored by the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- 5:30 - 7 p.m. - City Council Work Session - Baseball to be discussed.
- 7:30 p.m. - City Council Regular Session - Baseball to be discussed.
- 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Military Affairs Council Dahlgren Tour, sponsored by the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- 3 - 4 p.m. - UMW lecture in the Financial Literacy Series: On the Road to Financial Independence
- 6 - 7 p.m. - How to Help Your 6th Grader Succeed in Middle School in the Walker Grant Middle School cafeteria.
- 7 p.m. - UMW Latino Identities Month lecture featuring Christine Chavez, granddaughter of Cesar Chavez.
- 7:30 p.m. - Fredericksburg Planning Commission Meeting will include a public hearing on proposed changes to allow the to city build a 1,800 space parking lot to serve a baseball stadium.
- 8 - 10 a.m. - UMW lecture on The U.S. Energy Revolution: Strategic Consequences and U.S. National Security
- 5 - 6 p.m. - Ribbon Cutting at Boys and Girls Club of the Rappahannock Area, sponsored by the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- 5 p.m. - Reading, Reception, Book Signing by Jon Pineda at UMW
- 7 p.m. - UMW lecture and performaance with Gaye Adegbalola: Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Gay Rights and the Blues
- 7 p.m. - Walker Grant Middle School PTA meeting in the library.
- 7 p.m. - Hugh Mercer Elementary School PTA meeting in the library.
- 7 - 9 p.m. - Don Brown’s Soul Experience at the final 2013 concert in the Sounds of Summer Concert Series
- September 28 - Capital Ale House Oktoberfest in Downtown Fredericksburg
- September 28 - 3rd Annual Truckin' for Mutts at the Fredericksburg Fairgrounds
- September 28 - UMW Walk to End Alzheimer's
Upcoming event? Post it under Events on Fredericksburg Patch.