- Lafayette Upper Elementary School's Back-to-School Night is at 6 p.m.
- Walker Grant Middle School's Back-to-School Night is at 6:30 p.m.
Del. Mark Cole (R) and Democratic challenger Kathleen O’Halloran, candidates for the 88th District of the Virginia House of Delegates, will debate at the University of Mary Washington on Wednesday, Sept. 18. The debate will be held at 7:30 p.m. in Lee Hall, Room 411. Read more at Cole, O'Halloran to Debate at UMW
- Hugh Mercer Elementary School's Back-to-School Night is at 6 p.m.
- Kim Frazier of the Rappahannock Beekeepers Association will speak at the Master Gardeners of the Central Rappahannock Area at 7 p.m. at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library, 1201 Caroline, St., Fredericksburg.
- UMW Presentation, Bilingual Poetry Reading, by Rei Berroa, poet, essayist and professor of Latin American literature at George Mason University
- James Monroe High School's Back-to-School Night is at 6 p.m.
University of Mary Washington President Richard Hurley and the Board of Visitors will hold a Campus Center Groundbreaking Ceremony at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20 on Ball Circle. Free parking is available in the George Washington Hall parking lot.
23rd Annual Rappahannock Riverfest
Saturday, Sept. 21, 3 p.m.
Annual Fredericksburg Welsh Festival
Saturday, Sept. 21
Hike Stafford County's Government Island
Sunday, Sept. 22, 3 p.m. (rain date is September 29)
191 Coal Landing Rd., Stafford
Sponsored by The Rappahannock Group
Toast of the Town
Sunday, Sept. 22, 6 - 9 p.m.
Chancellor Lions Club Visitors Day
Tuesday, Sept. 24, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Shoneys, 2203 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg
Ribbon Cutting at the newly-renamed Boys and Girls Club of the Rappahannock Area
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 5 p.m.
Lake Anna Wine Festival and Idol Contest
Saturday, Sept. 28, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Dressed to the Nines Gala
Friday, Sept. 27, 7 - 11 p.m.
Inn at The Old Silk Mill, 1707 Princess Anne St., Fredericksburg
Food, cocktails, live music, auctions to benefit Fairy Godmother Project of Fredericksburg, a nonprofit organization working with local families facing the challenges of pediatric cancer. Tickets are available online.
James Madison Museum Annual Meeting
Sunday, Sept. 29 3 p.m.
James Madison Museum Exhibit Openings
Saturday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m.
Opening of 'Slavery in the Rappahannock District' and 'Post Emancipation'
Spotsylvania Crime Solvers 15th Annual Golf Tournament
Monday, Oct. 14
Native American Cultural Celebration
Wednesday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m.
Follow Fredericksburg Patch for the latest news and events.
Facebook | Twitter
Promote your upcoming event by posting it under Events on Fredericksburg Patch.